Ordinance no. 75-035 dated November 12th, 1975 created OMNIS as the« National Military Office for Strategic Industries. »
The initial bylawof OMNIS as a State-owned agency was confirmed by the Ordinance no. 076-007 dated March 20th, 1976.
The law no. 99-033 changed OMNIS’denomination into« Office of National Mining and Strategic Resources. »
At that time, OMNIS was committed to :
- Set a national policy related to military-and strategic industries ;
- Study and propose measures promoting its activities ;
- Manage and co-ordinate the activities of subcontractors company ;
- Realize itself or with subcontractors the researches, studies and investments as defined in the contract or with its own funds ;
- Carry out and monitor the researches and exploitations of military-and strategic nature mining resources.
OMNIS has accomplished numerous achievements in mining and petroleum exploration such as :
- The heavy-oil field of Tsimiroro ;
- The bitumen field of Bemolanga ;
- The Uranium in Taolagnaro, Antsirabe, Ihosy, etc.
Consecutive General Managers:
To extend its image and notoriety, OMNIS recently adopted a new graphic chart which provides it a new interface.
Its new logo and slogan :« Committed to a better future »proves that the Office is really involved in the economic development of the country.